Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tough RR Crossing

Mars - Evans road RR crossing is a tough one. I have personally been involved or witnessed biker problems there. The crossing is off angle and bumpy. The road is pot marked and washed out immediately right after, any car has problems staying in line. Saturday, I am alone closing on a lead group when I hear and see two cars coming on fast. One is already across the double yellow line. The cars were accelerating and they bump once, and bump again. They go sideways and cross the lane right at me. Down into the ditch they go, one crashed beyond recovery, the other comes up and at me. I was in full defensive mode and put my self in a position to assist if necessary. Get this, Fred Klehm the lead rider was past the point of incident. He used his riders sixth sense to possible hear some commotion behind. Realizing I was back there (and closing fast) Fred comes about and returns to see if I was engaged in any way. Good going Fred that is leadership. I will ride with you any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment