Thursday, January 6, 2011

Neck Breaker

Seriously now, The doctor told me I had a broken neck.
Suffice to say I am off the bike and curtailing the ski season for now. At least till I get things sorted out.
Thanksgiving I started to have neck, shoulder and arm pains. Two months with limited activity I decided to see a doctor. Past history shows a broken neck at some point and subsequent deterioration.
I am seeing rehab with a script from a spine doc and receiving chiro care and hoping to rebound.
Swimming and Karate will have to do for now, hopefully ready to go in the spring. MRI at our team sponsoring Butler Health Systems is scheduled and that will confirm what the course of action will be.
That's all folks.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my ! Sorry to hear about this. Its good that you have finally identified the problem.
    Any idea on when (or how) you might have broken your neck (it hurts to just type that !) ?

    Best wishes for a quick recovery !

    Kirk M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall, Ray first hurt his neck throwing back shots of Tequila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HD, You just might be onto something there. Don't tell Dr. Stu I went skiing with Dirty Mike Saturday.

    ReplyDelete